Media Producer responsibilities include:
- Manipulating and editing film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience.
- Taking a brief to grasp the production team’s needs and specifications.
- Reviewing shooting script and raw material to create a shot decision list based on scenes’ value and contribution to continuity.
We are looking for a talented media producer to conceptualize, produce and assemble recorded footage into a finished project that matches our company’s vision and is suitable for broadcasting.
Ultimately, as a media producer, you should be able to bring sight and sound together to tell a cohesive story.
- Manipulate and edit film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience.
- Take a brief to grasp the production team’s needs and specifications.
- Review shooting script and raw material to create a shot decision list based on scenes’ value and contribution to continuity.
- Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the film.
- Input music, dialogues, graphics, and effects.
- Create rough and final cuts.
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running.
- Consult with stakeholders from production to post-production process.
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and the industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Proven work experience as a video editor or producer.
- Substantial experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, Premiere, After Effects, or Final Cut).
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio.
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation, and continuity.
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D, and compositing.
- Creative mind and storytelling skills.
- BSc degree in film studies, cinematography, or related field; might consider diploma holders as well.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.